Report Child Abuse

If you suspect child abuse, call
National Child Abuse Hotline
800-422-4453 (1-800-4ACHILD)

Local Emergency Options

To report suspected child abuse in your county, please call

  • Lauderdale County, AL
  • Colbert County, AL
  • Franklin County, AL
  • Winston County, AL
  • Lawrence County, AL
  • Marion County, AL

How to Report

Call your local Department of Human Resources.

Call the Police Department or 911 if you live in a municipality or the Sheriff’s Office if you live in an unincorporated area.

If it is an Emergency – If a life threatening situation exists, make sure the person taking your call understands that emergency intervention is needed. Call 911 immediately.

What to Include in a Report

  • The child’s name and location
  • The parents’ names and address
  • Your name and the name of your agency, organization, or school
  • A clear and concise description of the abuse and/or neglect with as many specific details as possible